Wednesday, May 22, 2013

From a satisfied Overlook Resort guest


As an HRD  coordinator for venues during our seminars and trainings I find it very difficult  to locate  a nice venue with a good price. My dilemma is that our company wants to use a venue which is nice and inexpensive, kind of like a champagne taste but a beer budget.

Like everyone else I researched the internet and followed up with calls and ocular inspections. There are many resorts scattered around Metro Manila and nearby areas. I did not find many blog sites which comment on the various resort hotels offering conference facilities, therefore I really needed to do some leg work and be resourceful and inventive.  After much work and eyestrain from looking at my computer screen, I have decided to focus on Bulacan and Antipolo venues.  I finally settled on Antipolo because it is closer and because of the trees and scenery- also many resorts offer spectacular overlooking views, such as Villa Cristina, Overlook Resort, Hilltop and Loreland. It’s a mixed bag of venues from small to medium and large ones. I decided to try Overlook Resort because it is just the right size for our trainings and seminars and it has a beautiful view of the city. Plus their website is nice and has many positive testimonials. Best of all, pasok sa budget namin.  Hindi siya fancy. Just the basics.  5 pools which are clean and a big garden with plenty of trees and shade. Bottom line,  we had a good time and  our event was very successful.  Naka save pa kami.

I hope this blog helps other HRD and coordinators assigned to find a good seminar venue at the right price.

3 comments:

  1. Nag stay kami sa Overlook Resort Antipolo. Mura yung prices nila at nag enjoy naman kami magbabarkada, pero kailangan na talang i-upgrade kanilang facilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an American married to a Filipina. I have been going to the Philippines annually since 1997. Most of the time I stayed in Antipolo or Ermita. When in Antipolo, I stay at Overlook Resort because it is near my wife’s home and because of the reasonable prices also because of the friendly staff and the great view.
    While it is true that the resort needs some upgrading, I think it is false that the facilities are unclean. I always found the resort cleaner and better maintained than surrounding ones. Overlook has always kept up its maintenance and repairs. It is no Hilton or Shangri-La but I believe it is a great bargain for the money. This is all I can say to the critics: Does it not make senses that Overlook Resort will not be able to operate for nearly 20 years and have Triple A clients if it was not a good value?
    Don’t take my word for it. Check it out and don’t believe self-serving reviews

    Paul Davis
    New York

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be a law about people blogging malicious lies in order to gain business from the competition or for whatever reason. I am making this comment on this blog site about Overlook Resort and other nearby resorts such as Rosalinda’s. I am putting in my two cents worth of opinion that Overlook is lots better than Rosalinda’s. Most people do research on the internet and rely on what they read because they are too busy and have no time to check out the truth. I am therefore writing this to set the record straight. Go and inspect or better yet, stay, at the two resorts and you will see which is better. We did and we can say that Overlook is much much better than Rosalinda’s. The facility and staff are great and the owners are very pleasant and friendly.

    Cecille Ramos, concerned customer, business woman, Baguio

    ReplyDelete